We have significant employment law experience. In fact, Attorney Alejandro Pérez worked as a human resources professional prior to attending law school. Alejandro’s previous experiences allow him to provide added value to his employment clients.
As an attorney, Alejandro has represented both employees and employers regarding claims of alleged racial, age, national origin, disability and religious discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation; testing and public accommodations; wage and hour disputes; and restrictive covenants disputes brought under state and federal law.
Alejandro has also represented and defended clients in claims brought under Title VII, ADEA, ADA, Equal Pay Act and the FLSA, and lawsuits brought against franchisors and professional employer organizations (PEOs) under a “joint employer” or “integrated enterprise” theory of liability. Alejandro regularly assists clients in responding to charges filed with various administrative agencies.
Alejandro also works closely with businesses of all sizes to educate and advise on litigation avoidance techniques and compliance issues, including:
- Drafting and implementing employment handbooks, policies, processes, and training;
- Conducting internal investigations into alleged unethical or unlawful conduct;
- Advising employers on day-to-day legal advice, including hiring, single-employee or large-scale terminations, implementing and assessing risk related to reductions-in-force, and hiring issues;
- Comprehensive employment practices audits; and
- Drafting employment contracts, confidentiality, and restrictive covenant agreements.
Alejandro regularly trains clients on EEO, diversity and inclusion, implicit bias, respectful workplace norms, sexual harassment, leadership skills training and a number of other employment-related issues.